National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration
Join us for a National Indigenous Peoples Day celebration presented by Pathways Aboriginal Centre in collaboration with and support from the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, on Saturday, June 23rd from 1pm to 4pm.
This free, outdoor event will include performances, story-telling, workshops, demos and activities for all ages, and a Bannock Bake-Off.
Schedule of Events
1pm Opening Ceremony
1:30pm Shyama Priya and the Wild Moccasin Dancers
2pm Shyama Priya and Maddie McCallum
2:30pm Norine Braun – Gone to the Spirits, Song & Storytelling
3:45pm Heiltsuk Dancers
- Bannock Bake-Off led by Chef Maluh, with local families and individuals who will prepare their unique bannock recipes for judging by a selected panel (2:00 to 3:00 pm)
- Story-telling by Rebecca Duncan (2:00 to 3:00 pm)
- Pathways talking stick workshop
- Totem and design workshop
- Richmond Public Library activity booth sharing indigenous literature and programs.
- Port of Vancouver activity booth
- Pick up location for the City of Richmond’s 2018 National Indigenous Peoples Day Public Art Bus Tour . Register in advance to join Tarah Hogue, Indigenous Curatorial Fellow at the Vancouver Art Gallery and Shaun Dacey, Director of the Richmond Art Gallery on a bus tour to visit public artworks by contemporary indigenous artists across the City. 12:30 to 2pm, meet in front of Steveston’s Legacy, the bronze sculpture in front of the Cannery.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram