Once Upon a Haunted Sea
The Haunted Sea returns to the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site, re-imagined into a month-long experience from October 9 to November 8. Once Upon a Haunted Sea is a fairy-tale reboot of our annual Halloween event, extended to a month-long installation for visitors of all ages to explore with safe distancing measures in place. Follow the path into the darkest depths of the sea and come out a hero with new knowledge and tools to help save the ocean from death by plastic monsters.
Open Daily October 9 to November 8 from 10am to 5pm
(Except: closed Thanksgiving Monday October 12)
Regular admission: Adults $11.90 | Seniors $10.20
Youth under 17 & Society members: Free
All discounts and passes will be accepted/honoured
For more information call: 604.664.9009
Tips for visiting Once Upon a Haunted Sea:
- Advance tickets not required.
- Capacity will be limited to allow for physical distancing. Please be mindful of other guests and maintain at least two metres distance.
- The installation will be inside the Herring Reduction Plant; all other areas in the Cannery will remain open as usual.
- Masks are strongly recommended but not mandatory. All Gulf of Georgia Cannery NHS staff and volunteers wear mandatory non-surgical masks.
- Please dress warmly. The historic cannery is built on top of the Fraser River, and there is no interior heating (but there is a roof over your head, so you will stay dry!)
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram