Fun Fishy Facts
Last week, Randy Shore’s Vancouver Sun article featured some fascinating fishy facts. I thought I would share them with you:
According to a Leger Marketing poll:
- British Columbians are 50% more likely than other Canadians to consider sustainability when choosing seafood.
- Only 12% of Canadians consider the sustainability of a fishery when selecting seafood.
- 18% of British Columbians do consider sustainability when selecting seafood.
- Taste and cost were reported to be the key factors for Canadians buying fish.
Canadian Aquaculture Industries Alliance found:
- British Columbians eat fish 4.23 times a month, this is the highest average of any province in Canada.
- Bristish Columbia and Quebec lead in the most shellfish eaten in the country.
The Canadian Seafood Survey found:
- Older Canadians eat more seafood than younger Canadians.
- Immigrants eat more fin fish than people born in Canada.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram