Join the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown on November 23rd. A $40 fee gets you an evening of fun as twelve Ocean Wise chefs go head-to-head in the ultimate competition to create delicious, sustainable Ocean Wise chowders. Taste original chowders paired with local craft beers and vote for your favourite, all in support of sustainable seafood. Chefs will be competing for the title of the 2011 Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Champion.
Event details: November 24th, 7pm at the Vancouver Aquarium. Tickets may be purchased online at www.vanaqua.org and are $32 for members and $40 for non-members. All proceeds support the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise Program.
The chefs participating and competing for the chowder championship:
- Eric Pless – Coast Restaurant
- Tyler Groenestyn – Codfathers Seafood Market
- Jennifer Dodd – Edible Canada
- Daiji Tanaka – Hapa Izakaya Kitsilano
- Paul Cecconi – Local Lounge-Grille
- Nicholas Croooks – The Noodle Box
- Chris Whittaker – O’Douls Restaurant and Bar
- Chester Velas – Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- Natasha Harris – Sunset Bay Yacht Group
- Ron Gibb – Westward Ho! Public House and Grill Room at the University Golf Club
- Myke Shaw and Kelsey Timler – Vancouver Aquarium
- Ned Bell – YEW restaurant + bar at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver