Scrumptious Seafood: Ceviche Verde
Feeling spring in the air? Whip up a light, scrummy ceviche from Bon Appetit – and serve it with a refreshingly chilled beverage. Pick up a piece of sustainable West Coast halibut and get chopping!
- 1 pound fresh Pacific halibut or other firm-fleshed fish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Tostadas or torilla chips
Chop fish into 1/2″ cubes; place in medium bowl. Add kosher salt; toss to coat. Add lime juice; toss to coat. Marinate until the edges of the cubes begin to turn opaque, tossing occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Dice avocados; add to bowl along with green olives, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add olive oil and season to taste with salt.
Serve over tostadas or with tortilla chips for dipping.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram