Scrumptious Seafood: Pasta Shells with Tuscan Tuna
Now that crisp, wintery weather is making an appearance, it’s officially time for a little comfort food. Ideally, something easy to prepare after rushing home from a cold commute. A pasta dish, such as these Pasta Shells with Tuscan Tuna from Yummly.com, fits the bill nicely and is a breeze to make. I recommend using BC’s Best Canned Albacore Tuna, only $4.99 at the Cannery Store.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium seashell pasta (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (7-ounce) bags white albacore tuna in water
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Add reserved 2 tablespoons cooking liquid, onion, and remaining ingredients; toss well.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram